Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way in JQL to search for who update / modified / changed a ticket.

Christine Fowkes June 24, 2021

Trying to find a Jira field that will give me this information.

3 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Christine Fowkes

If you want to display the last updated author in a field, you can try our Marketplace app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira.

Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira creates a dynamic field whose value is calculated automatically from issue data. The field can be used as any other issue field in statistcs and on your dashboard.

For your use case you would use the template "Last issue update author". It's also possible to create custom dynamic fields using Jira expressions.

dynamic-custom-fields_last-issue-update-author.png

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or feedback about our app.

0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Christine Fowkes ,

In standard JQL there is a function updatedBy(). It allows you the search for tickets that were updated by a particular person and optionally limit the dates.

If you're interested only in one ticket then the history tab is the place to look at and not really JQL.

In case you have a recurring requirement to see what tickets were last modified by a particular person you may consider using our indexing service:

After you install the app you can simply search:

lastUpdatedBy=currentUser()

This will find tickets that were last modified by you.

I hope this helps!

Daniel

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

@Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions , i cant seem to get updatedby to work in cloud. Could you share an actual example that is returning results for you? To be honest I originally thought that updatedby() existed but then when I went to test it, it was not working so assumed I was just mistaken. However clearly the documentation shows it does exist.

Christine Fowkes June 25, 2021

It looks like it is not in the cloud. This is a big miss for the tool.

Jira Updatedby field not available.png

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

My finding as well though the cloud Docs showed it.

Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
June 28, 2021

@Christine Fowkes @Jack Brickey make sure to precede updatedBy with the issue in clause. For example:

issue in updatedBy(daniel)
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

There isn’t a “updated by Field”. One possible reason for this is that multiple people can update an issue over time. If this is just a one hour for an occasional thing you can use the history tab to find out who updated the ticket. It will show all updates chronologically.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events