Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple way to copy the user for a project role into the Approvers field?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hey everyone - I would appreciate any help you can give. I want to populate the Approvers field with the value of a user from a selected Project Role in Jira (JSM) Cloud. However, the person in the project role will not be an Agent. If they were an Agent, I could first assign the issue to the project role and then copy the value from the Assignee field into the Approver field. But I can't assign the role to the issue because you can't assign non-Agents to an issue. 

So, is there another way (as simple as possible) to get the user name from role and into a custom field or even directly into the Approvers field?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

You should be able to do this using the Get project role for project endpoint in an automation and then get the user's account ID from the actors list.

We did something similar using that endpoint to create a report of the number of open requests that was sent to one of our Slack channels.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2023

Yep, that worked - thanks @Mikael Sandberg !

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events