Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple app that will allow me to "Copy" a Team Managed Project - with all its............

Dave November 6, 2022

I've asked similar questions

Is there a simple app that will allow me to "Copy" a Team Managed Project - with all its configurations.

I've tried

Deep Clone - it doesn't allow team managed projects to be cloned.

Elements Copy and Sync - I have to create the new project then create a recipe to bring the tickets over.  The problem is Im not sure of the Configurations that were made to the original project, I want to clone.

I have a live project that needs changes but being new to the configuration of Projects I need to test it in a copy of the live.  

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

Hi Dave,

I am not aware of any. My suggestion would be to go with a Company-managed project if you are needing to clone them. 

Dave November 8, 2022

Hi John,
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a read up on this What are team-managed and company-managed projects? | Jira Work Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
to see what the difference is,

I'm currently the admin, user, ticket creator for several projects and monitoring some other projects, unfortunately with nobody to bounce my findings off.

A customer wants some changes to a live project and being relatively new to automation, work flow I 'm reluctant to change a live project  which is why I need a test  

One thing I did notice is Team Managed projects has settings that don't impact other projects.

Where as Company Managed projects  Standarsized configuratiosn shared across projects - I don't think this will work 

but thanks for the advice 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

Well, if you are wanting to Clone a project, I was assuming you would want to use the same shared configurations. I don't understand cloning a project otherwise. 

Also, Company-managed projects don't have to use shared configurations - you can create a new project not based on an existing project and thus all of the schemes/configurations will be separate from other projects. 

Like Dave likes this
Dave November 9, 2022

Hi John,

Maybe I'll looking at this wrongly, and lack of experience is the reason.

We have a live Team Managed Project that was customised, our customer wants a few changes done  several months into the project - Sure I'm happy to add a customer field and change filters, But these changes are to Automation and Tickets statuses  which will also be changes to the workflows. 

Being new to these types of changes they want I feel I need to clone the  live , test the changes in the clone and apply them to the live once proven as well as those who helped build the original project have all left leaving me the sole person.

If it was a project before going live I would attempt it in the original project.

I hope that helps explains

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

Ah, that helps to explain! That's one of the pitfalls with Team-managed projects and why I don't like to use them. You would be able to test things easier with a Company-managed project when needing to change a workflow. 

So, you will either have to build a test project from scratch and test with that. Or take your chances by modifying he production workflow. Which, depending on what you are changing might not have much risk to it. 

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events