Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a good way to report on the "Affected Service" field?

We've been using the Affected Services field to link our incidents and service requests. Now, the time has come to report on them. I have yet to find a good way to do so.

I've explored the following options:

1. Filters are unable to display the values of the "Affected Service" field

2. Exporting the filter into a CSV returns useless values such as "ServiceEntityReference{id='ari:cloud:graph::service/86083836-51fb-11eb-b2f2-0abe3f4a6601/713685a2-ae94-11eb-b1cd-128b42819424'}" which is impossible to view what service is actually in the field

3. No dashboard widgets are unable to use the "Affected Service" field as a metric

TLDR - Has anyone out there been able to efficiently report on affected services? For example, which of our services have had the most incidents in the last 2 weeks? 

6 answers

Hi @Jeret Shuck

We agree this should be supported natively by Jira, in case anyone wants to use a shortcut meanwhile, we provide a commercial app that supports it.

Dashboard Hub for Jira allows you to easily use the Affected Services field on customized dashboards and reports thanks to the JQL Custom Charts gadget. This way, you'll be able to report efficiently on affected services!

Display the data as Pie, Tile, Bar, Line charts, ... Whatever is best for you!

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 13.27.16.png

Hope this helps you :) Give it a try for free if you find that it solves your pain!

Best,

Iván

I have created a custom field called Services Involved and added all the services in my Service Portfolio (Affected Services). Once I added it to the screens I was able to report on them and use them in dashboards. I don't think this is something we should have to do for a service management tool, but it works.

Hi,

found no clues either. Tried getting a pie chart gadget running but to no avail. Only thing I can do is creating a filter.

I'm in a heck of a position after recommending an ITSM tool that can't report on affected services or request types. What were they thinking! 

I am also interested in a solution.
Found this ticket that details a problem that the field cannot be exported to Google Sheets MS Excel either :/ https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-399

Bump - Anyone have any thoughts here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

407 views 3 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you