Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a good way to report on the "Affected Service" field?

Jeret Shuck August 24, 2021

We've been using the Affected Services field to link our incidents and service requests. Now, the time has come to report on them. I have yet to find a good way to do so.

I've explored the following options:

1. Filters are unable to display the values of the "Affected Service" field

2. Exporting the filter into a CSV returns useless values such as "ServiceEntityReference{id='ari:cloud:graph::service/86083836-51fb-11eb-b2f2-0abe3f4a6601/713685a2-ae94-11eb-b1cd-128b42819424'}" which is impossible to view what service is actually in the field

3. No dashboard widgets are unable to use the "Affected Service" field as a metric

TLDR - Has anyone out there been able to efficiently report on affected services? For example, which of our services have had the most incidents in the last 2 weeks? 

7 answers

6 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Jeret Shuck

We agree this should be supported natively by Jira, in case anyone wants to use a shortcut meanwhile, we provide a commercial app that supports it.

Dashboard Hub for Jira allows you to easily use the Affected Services field on customized dashboards and reports thanks to the JQL Custom Charts gadget. This way, you'll be able to report efficiently on affected services!

Display the data as Pie, Tile, Bar, Line charts, ... Whatever is best for you!

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 13.27.16.png

Hope this helps you :) Give it a try for free if you find that it solves your pain!

Best,

Iván

Jeret Shuck February 10, 2023

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to give this a try.

Like Ivan Garcia _Appfire_ likes this
Jeret Shuck March 28, 2023

Just getting back to this. I finally received approval from our legal teams to try this plugin. I tried to create a grouped bar chart using the "Affected Services" Jira field for the last 30 days, and it's basically unusable. The labels wrap over the entire page making it impossible to setup. 

I had similar issues when trying to create a pie-chart as well.

It also wouldn't allow me to sort the data for any of the charts other than the "table". For anyone else using this plugin. Looks elsewhere. From what I can tell this isn't worth the hassle.

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Jeret Shuck

Thank you very much for trying Dashboard Hub for Jira.

We're really sorry you weren't satisfied with our app. However, you might be interested in knowing that we're about to release an improvement for the chart labels.

We'd love to offer a live demo with our Product Manager to walk through Dashboard Hub's features and roadmap.

We're really looking forward to meet your needs,

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

2 votes
Scott Priest January 12, 2022

I'm in a heck of a position after recommending an ITSM tool that can't report on affected services or request types. What were they thinking! 

0 votes
Jeret Shuck March 28, 2023

Almost another year later, still no answer from Atlassian. IMO any ITSM platform should be able to report against incidents given their affected services.

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Jeret Shuck,

this is indeed disappointing :/ I just came across this and would like to throw our BI and reporting app Exply in the ring.

exply-hero-image-2.jpg

I'd be more than happy to schedule a quick demo call to walk you through it. Just hit me up via fabian@exply.io :)

Cheers,
Fabian from Exply

0 votes
Scott Priest January 19, 2022

I have created a custom field called Services Involved and added all the services in my Service Portfolio (Affected Services). Once I added it to the screens I was able to report on them and use them in dashboards. I don't think this is something we should have to do for a service management tool, but it works.

0 votes
Manja Vogel-Kautz January 19, 2022

Hi,

found no clues either. Tried getting a pie chart gadget running but to no avail. Only thing I can do is creating a filter.

0 votes
Ignas Čelutka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2021

I am also interested in a solution.
Found this ticket that details a problem that the field cannot be exported to Google Sheets MS Excel either :/ https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-399

0 votes
Jeret Shuck September 8, 2021

Bump - Anyone have any thoughts here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders