Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible for a customer to change the priority of a ticket once it has been created?

Rob July 22, 2021

Can a customer change the priority of ticket after it has been created?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hey @Rob, the short answer is that customers cannot change fields in the customer portal. You will need an app to achieve it. A long-time suggestion is opened in the Atlassian public tracker, JSDCLOUD-93, where you can vote on and add yourself as a watcher to receive notifications from now on. I'm sure others will chime in with their suggestions around apps or alternative ways you can get that done.

Cheers.

Rob July 22, 2021

Thank you Ivan

Like Ivan Lima likes this
2 votes
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Rob ,

You can vote on the issue mentioned by Ivan, but as you can see on this issue and others in the jira.atlassian.com it can be a long time to wait.

So in this situation, I see three ways:

- Customers can put a comment that want to change a Priority and the service agent can do it on the issue.

- You can add a possibility to escalate a ticket by customer (on the workflow) what is the sign for agents that ticket is really urgent.

- You can try our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management which has got a feature called Edit request. The simple configuration is available under service project settings.

0 votes
Tom Hawkins June 6, 2023

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Allow-portal-customers-to-change-the-issue-Priority-using-Jira/ba-p/2138962 has a Forms based workaround which you may find more desirable than a paid for app FYI, posting for info since I found both this page and that page in same search. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events