Is it possible to remove the "Raise this request on behalf of" required field within service forms?

Ashley Leger August 23, 2022

Within the service queue portal, when anyone submits a form, the first required field is "raise this request on behalf of." 

Is there a way to remove that field within service request types? 

raise request on behalf of.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Ashley Leger - That field is only present for service desk team members.  This is by design so that if they get a call or "walk up" request, they can enter the request on behalf of the user.  In most setups, the agent rarely needs to raise their own request.

Ashley Leger August 23, 2022

Understood and thank you @Mark Segall ! Is it possible to remove that entirely or no? 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

You can Revoke permission "Modify reporter" from "Service desk customers - portal access" in the project permission scheme. 

Note - Jira will likely squawk at you when viewing project settings.  It doesn't like changes to the default JSM permission scheme.

Like # people like this
Ashley Leger September 13, 2022

very helpful, thank you so much @Mark Segallfor your prompt response. 

As you suggested, revoking that access did work successfully.

And as you anticipated, I also got a message from Jira stating "the service project has configuration problems and may not work as expected." So we will monitor to see if any major issues arise because of this. 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

You should be ok.  They're just warning messages that come up when you deviate from the default permission settings.  Atlassian wants to make doubly sure that you know that you're tweaking the default configuration.  There's an option to ignore the message so you don't get notified every time you go back to project settings.

Ashley Leger September 13, 2022

Thank you so much @Mark Segall ! Super helpful and responsive as always, really appreciate it! 

Like Mark Segall likes this
Gabriel Fuentes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2024

@Ashley Leger @Mark Segall  do you have screenshot on this one for step by step process i tried this instruction above did not work on my end thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events