Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to let anonymous visitors browse tickets for a Service Desk project?

Adam July 22, 2021

With a Customer Service Desk. anonymous customers are able to submit requests without logging into Jira. But is it possible to allow anonymouse customers view any ticket in the Service desk project without logging in? This way they can see if their issue has already been addressed or is being worked on, thus reducing duplicative requests.

Atlassian is able to do this for their own Service Desk, they've allowed anonymous visitors to view their project issue tracker. But I haven't found a way to replicate that.

Example, open this link in incognito, all submitted tickets are available to view without being logged in: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSDSERVER/issues/JSDSERVER-6998?filter=allopenissues

So far I have found no documentation on recreating this experience.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

Hello Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In Jira Service Management, it’s possible to allow customers to submit tickets without logging in, but in order to view the ticket, they must. Also, in order for other customers to view tickets, they need to be a participant or member of an organization the ticket was shared with. 

With this said, in the customer portal, it’s not possible to allow anonymous access to view tickets.

It’s possible to allow access to tickets without anyone logging in and it will be the same as our jira.atlassian.com. Their view will be the same as Filters > Advanced issue search.

Anyone on the internet will be able to view and browse tickets on your site.

For more information and details of how to do this, please, check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Adam July 23, 2021

@Angélica Luz thats helpful. I created a public filter and tried to access in Incognito, but I get the attached error.

I know I can modify the permission scheme to allow Anonymous users to Browse Projects, and that does fix the public filter issue in the screenshot, but it seems like Jira doesn't like it when Anonymous users have Browse Project access - a Permissions error continuously appears until I remove the Anonymous group from the Browse Project permission. Any suggestions on how to have anonymous users access the public filter without the permissions error triggering?

no issues found.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

Hi Adam,

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, customers will have to access the Projects menu to view the tickets. The Filters > Advanced search is for Jira Software projects only.

The “Browse projects” permission, as the error message says, it’s not supported by Jira Service Management, it works, but it’s not supported because Service Management projects usually deal with private information about customers and even internal comments will be public. 

It's not possible to remove that error message, if the browse project is set to public, it will keep appearing when navigating on the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events