Is it possible to have more than one customer portal in Service Desk?

Siva Padmanabhan June 2, 2015

Hi guys,

We have 4-5 enterprise clients that we would like to service through the Service Desk, however, each of them has their own unique fields to display in the customer portal so a separate portal for each enterprise client would be ideal. is this possible? if not, is there a workaround for this?

Many Thanks in advance,

Siva

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2015

Hi Siva, 

Yes, that is the suggested solution. You must have a service desk project for each client. smile

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers!

0 votes
Cole Speelman November 28, 2018

They are likely not answering because the questions in the comments are separate from the original issue. To answer your questions. Portals all show up in the service desk interface; however, only the portals that the customer (organization) is added to will appear. 

For example: 
Service Desk Project (Portal) 1 - org1, org2
Service Desk Project (Portal) 2 - org1

org1 will have both portals available to them when visiting your service desk.
org2 will have only portal 1 available to them when visiting your service desk.

0 votes
Carlo_Comincini October 2, 2018

This is a basic feature, and there are a lot of request about this, but it seems atlassian is not interested in...

0 votes
Bernardo San Juan September 30, 2015

The question is not answered,  is it possible to have more than one customer portal yes or no? 

0 votes
Brian Leer June 9, 2015

I am trying to execute this setup, and am finding that all customers see all portals! Is this a default behavior that can be changed? Can a customer be restricted to see only one (of multiple) portals?

You might ask, how does a customer see all portals? I have set the system to Auto Create Users via email. And then, once that User logs in (using their portal URL, such as  

https://client.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/11), they (I) can simply change the URL to ...\portal\10 and see another customers portal and search those issues.

So am trying to use restrict Portal Customers to only their portal.

Any comments?

Thanks much,

Brian

Siva Padmanabhan June 11, 2015

Hi Brian, Sorry for the delay. I haven't executed this yet so I don't know the answer I'm afraid. However, if this is the case then it's no use for me because I definitely need to be able to restrict the access , otherwise no point. Best Regards, Siva

0 votes
Siva Padmanabhan June 2, 2015

Hi Elisa,

Many Thanks for the prompt answer. Really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Siva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events