Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to have Description display under the name of Dashboard?

There is a Description field for each Dashboard when configuring.  But the Description does not show when viewing the Dashboard.  I would like it to, is that possible?

In order to get our helper info to save on my Dashboard, I had to add it to the name of the Dashboard.  I don't like that.  I would prefer something like this when I view my Dashboard:

Cat's Dashboard

Help Desk | Keywords: STAFF, PROMO, PRICING, TRACKS, CLUB EDIT, INVESTIGATE, HOW TO, JonasEME, SPIN DOWN

This is a screenshot in Edit mode:

MyDashboard.JPG

This is a screenshot of my Dashboard:

MyDashboard1.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @cedwards

I don't think that this is possible to happen. Dashboard description is a text field. No matter what you enter inside it, it will always display it as a text. So <html>, <br>, /n, /r, &amp;, &#013 will do you no good.

Alex

Thanks, Alex!  I was hopeful there was a setting somewhere that allowed any text I enter in the Description field shown in screenshot below to also show on my Dashboard.  So far I can't make Description show at all on my Dashboard.  

Yes, I tried html code in the Dashboard Name field and that didn't help - as you stated, it appears as text. 

MyDashboard.JPG

@cedwards description field is an informative field and it can't be used anywhere else. So it will not show on your dashboard.

The next best thing that I've found out is a free addon which you can use, and the final result could look like the following:

dashboard.pngIf that's something that could work out for you, then give it a go by visiting the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Best,
Alex 

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

337 views 5 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you