Is it possible to have Description display under the name of Dashboard?

cedwards July 4, 2021

There is a Description field for each Dashboard when configuring.  But the Description does not show when viewing the Dashboard.  I would like it to, is that possible?

In order to get our helper info to save on my Dashboard, I had to add it to the name of the Dashboard.  I don't like that.  I would prefer something like this when I view my Dashboard:

Cat's Dashboard

Help Desk | Keywords: STAFF, PROMO, PRICING, TRACKS, CLUB EDIT, INVESTIGATE, HOW TO, JonasEME, SPIN DOWN

This is a screenshot in Edit mode:

MyDashboard.JPG

This is a screenshot of my Dashboard:

MyDashboard1.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Damon McLay July 27, 2022

My Jira Cloud instance has a built-in Rich Text Gadget which was very useful for this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

It displayed in the gadget space, not in the title space, but it met my needs with the bonus of some rich text options.

2022-07-27_17-05-15.png

cedwards July 28, 2022

Thanks, Damon!  That's what Alex suggested a year ago and I used it :-) 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi @cedwards

I don't think that this is possible to happen. Dashboard description is a text field. No matter what you enter inside it, it will always display it as a text. So <html>, <br>, /n, /r, &amp;, &#013 will do you no good.

Alex

cedwards July 5, 2021

Thanks, Alex!  I was hopeful there was a setting somewhere that allowed any text I enter in the Description field shown in screenshot below to also show on my Dashboard.  So far I can't make Description show at all on my Dashboard.  

Yes, I tried html code in the Dashboard Name field and that didn't help - as you stated, it appears as text. 

MyDashboard.JPG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@cedwards description field is an informative field and it can't be used anywhere else. So it will not show on your dashboard.

The next best thing that I've found out is a free addon which you can use, and the final result could look like the following:

dashboard.pngIf that's something that could work out for you, then give it a go by visiting the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Best,
Alex 

cedwards July 7, 2021

Thank you!

bmacd February 21, 2023

I wouldnt call it an "informative field" if it doesnt inform anyone because it cant be seen!

Like William Mueller likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

@bmacd it informs any user who open the specific issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events