Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to extract certain strings from incoming mail handler email body

Edited

Since I know JIRA is taking the whole email body as issue description, I'm now trying another approach where the email message body is formatted in a form format like

Name : User Name ,

Field 1 : Field Data 1 ,

Field 2 : Field Data 2 ,

Issue Description : Description

My approach is now using JIRA Service Desk Automation :- image.png

My questions are :

1) Since the issue description is now formatted, is it possible to use say, regex((([\w\s\d]+) (:) ([\w\s\d]+) (,))) to grab the data and remove the field name string, so the resulting string contain the field data?

2) Does it mean I have to do multiple branches for selector and option (dropdown) data? T.T

3) Any other approach that will take less time developing and configuring (even if it's an add-on) is welcomed?

I do know about Automation for JIRA add-on but i would like to fully use JIRA as much as possible w/o plugin (unless it is impossible and a plugin is the only way)

2 answers

bump

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

166 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you