Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to differentiate notifications from one project to another?

Dino Kurtović September 3, 2022

I have 2 projects, but when I am logged in I see notifications from both projects when I click on my notification icon. Is it possible when skipping from one project to another to have insight only in notifications from that particular project?

I have set two notification schemes and assigned them one on each project already but I still get all the notifications (from both projects).

Thank you in advance,
Dino.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Dino Kurtović , welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately there's no way of filtering out the notifications using the notification icon - this will just show you all updates across all projects.

With the notification schemes, the key of the project is always within the email you receive - perhaps you could create a couple of folders/rules within your inbox to sort these notifications based on the email containing the project key? This is the best way I can think of to segregate the email notifications and to group them by the project from which they originated.

Hope this helps!

Dino Kurtović September 5, 2022

Thank you very much for your anwser I will try the suggested option!

Like # people like this
Dino Kurtović September 5, 2022

Maybe this would be a good feature for Jira users because a lot of people using Jira have multiple projects and it is hard to differentiate between them. So maybe it would be a good feature perhaps where we have "Direct" and "Watching" notifications that we also have them separated by projects.

Till then may I ask you how to organize these notifications in folders?

Thank you!

Callum Carlile September 5, 2022

To be honest we don't really use the notification schemes that much, as the company I am at is very much focused on Slack messaging rather than traditional emails - so for many projects we just have a completely empty notification scheme tied to it so that no emails are sent for issue updates.

So in certain projects, we have automation rules to notify users/channels upon certain triggers, and we have also created a listener within ScriptRunner which sends a Slack DM to a user if they are tagged in a comment (there's also some fancy stuff in the background which syncs Jira users with the associated Slack user through the same email address, which allows us to do this).

But for the users who use notification schemes which work via emails, I imagine many people involved with multiple project may tend to create folders/email rules to sort these notifications out

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events