Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create tasks with a single button (similar to how sub-tasks are created)?

Juan Manuel Ramos Taboada June 1, 2023

Hi community,

I am looking for an automation (or another alternative solution besides it) in order to create tasks the same way as sub-tasks are created inside an issue (see attached photo).

Some users in my company have been asking me and I am not sure if that is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_1.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

You have a couple of options. You could use the Create button, it has an option so you can only show the request type fields

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 8.40.07 AM.png

The other option would be to create a manual trigger automation and prompt for input

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 8.41.44 AM.png

Both of these are only visible to users that have access to the agent view of your JSM project. If you want the customer to be able to create tasks then you would have to do that via the workflow and automation.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

Hi Juan Manuel,

You can create a Manual triggered Automation Rule and make that available for anyone to execute. Then the rule will show up on the issue under the Automation: Rule Executions area of the Context fields section of the issue on the right side. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events