Is it possible to create an attribute in Insight that will be filled automatically?

Игорь Дьячковский September 8, 2022

Is it possible to create an attribute in Insight for inventory number that will be filled automatically with the value of the previous inventory number but with the value bigger on one point?

For example for the first object inventory number is 340046 and for the next one creates automaticlaly and it will be 340047.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Игорь Дьячковский and welcome to the community!

You may be able to do something like this:

• TRIGGER: Object Created
  • ACTION:  Lookup Objects
    • objectType = YOUROBJECTTYPE AND YOURIDATTRIBUTE IS NOT EMPTY ORDER BY YOURIDATTRIBUTE DESC
  • ACTION:  Edit Object
    • Select your ID attribute and set it to this:
      • {{#=}}{{lookupObjects.get(0).YOURIDATTRIBUTE}}+1}}{{/}}
Игорь Дьячковский September 9, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall Thank you for the answer. I tried to create automation rule but it has just deleted the value of attribute that i selected in Edit Object component. In my case, I have attribute "INT" and object Type "Devices". How can I correctly fill the lookup and edit object components of the automation rule? 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.46.56.pngScreenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.46.59.pngScreenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.49.37.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Игорь Дьячковский - Thanks for the additional context.  Can you please share a screenshot of your rule?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events