Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a confluence page from JSM and output issue values to that page?

James Powell-Chandler December 2, 2022

As part of a new account onboarding/vending request use case in JSM I would like to know if it is possible to create a confluence page (per new account request) and to output values from the issue to that page?

2 answers

2 votes
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2022

Hello @James Powell-Chandler 

If I understand correctly you wan to automate the creation of Confluence pages each time a type of request is raised in JSM, and add information from the Jira ticket to the page?

If you don't mind using an add-on, Elements Publish to Confluence lets you do exactly what you are asking.

Full disclosure: I'm the Product Manager of the app.

With our app you can create Confluence pages from Jira issues. It integrates with Automation, but it has many more features than the native solution. Indeed, you can : 

• insert any Jira issue data in the Confluence page (and keep the value synchronized between the issue and the page if needed)
  • use any Confluence template you need or design the page yourself
  • automatically link the page to the issue
  • automatically copy attachments from Jira to Confluence

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Julien

James Powell-Chandler December 5, 2022

Thanks for your response - I may look into your app!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @James Powell-Chandler , I am unclear what you mean by "output values from the issue to that page". What you can do in Confluence is to use the Jira filter macro to insert a filtered list of one or more issues. In that manner you can display various fields for the issue(s). As the issues are updated the new values will be illustrated in Confluence.

James Powell-Chandler December 5, 2022

...I was/am investigating whether it is possible to automate that process from JSM automation. I know that a confluence page can be created ...but that seems to be the limit of native functionality at the moment.

Thanks for your response Jack - It may be that the process that you explain is what I end up doing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events