Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to continue in the original thread sent by customer when answering from JIRA?

Sydney Hollingsworth February 24, 2021

Hi - I have set up a custom gmail account into our service desk and see incoming customer emails correctly. When I reply to those emails from the JIRA ticket I find that an NEW thread is created and sent to the client. I would like the responses from JIRA to be continued in the same thread so that our internal teammates can see that we are indeed responding to customers. 

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hi Sydney,

if you mean to say that you want public comments to be threaded, having the previous emails included then that is an open suggestion that is being worked on by Atlassian. It may be a bit before we see it though. If you need so,etching immediate consider an addon like JEMH.

Sydney Hollingsworth February 24, 2021

Yes, I mean public comments that are sent through JIRA in response to a customer's email. Does JEMH do this? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Yes it does. I use it for that purpose today. 

Like Sydney Hollingsworth likes this
Jyoti Manandhar June 13, 2022

Hey @Sydney Hollingsworthdid that work for you? Similar was my case. I faced this issue in a couple of tickets. The comments in a JIRA Ticket are creating new threads in email. However, this is not the case for all the other tickets. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events