Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to connect multiple support portals to one service desk project?

Julian Adam November 21, 2022

Hey fellow Atlassians! 

For the project I'm working on right now I want for multiple portals to be connected to one service desk project, making a centralised place for issues from multiple different portals.

As far as I can see it is not possible, but the last articles I read about the matter are from 2 or 3 years ago, so I'm looking for any leads on a good workaround that might deliver the same end result. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

No, that is not possible. Could you elaborate on the used case of what is driving you to this solution?  In other words why do you need or have multiple portals at all?

Julian Adam November 22, 2022

The reason behind this is that I dont want customers to know who the organisation managing the support desk is, and I want to style each portal with the corporate identity of the customer's organisation. Whitelabeling, so to say. I will look into if this already has a community voting page, otherwise if possible I will try and make one.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

You might have a look at this app/solution - refined-for-jira-cloud

SM May 21, 2023

The application is cool, but the problem is that when users complete the registration process in the support portal, they are redirected to the standard JSM portal. And as Refined support explained to me - this is a technical limitation on the Atlassian side, which does not seem realistic to overcome in the foreseeable future

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2023

@SM , yes that was one of my concerns as well when I evaluated.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

As @Jack Brickey  mentioned, this is not possible.

However you can group customer request types in portal groups. If you organise your portal groups as the different portals, then you might be able to reach your goal.

Kind regards,

Laurens

Julian Adam November 22, 2022

Thanks for the reply, the use case is a little bit different, I tried using groups but this showed me te articles first before the support forms and therefor is not applicable to this project sadly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events