Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to clone a custom field configuration?

Cathy November 26, 2020

Hi there,

Is is possible to clone a custom field configuration.  I'm finding it very manual setting these up for product categorization, as some projects require a full set of options and others a sub set from that.

Would be great to be able to copy over part or clone all and remove those not needed a project to save as the field configuration for each individual project.

Many thanks,

Cathy 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

Hello Cathy,

Far as I am aware, there is unfortunately no way to copy a field configuration.

If you have fields that are difficult to manage (like lists with lots of options, or lists that need to be regularly updated for instance), a workaround will be available using Insight which allows you to create fields taking values from a CMDB that you can easily update using CSV imports.

Insight is currently an Add-On but is has recently been acquired by Atlassian and will soon be included in the Cloud versions of Jira.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Ismaila Baradji
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2021

Allo.

is this add-on available now?

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Yes it is, it's just that is is currently charged.

Here is the link to the Add-On : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events