Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automatically react to a slack message with ✅ when the issue is resolved ?

roy haouzi April 4, 2023

Hello, we wanted to know if it is possible to automatically react to a slack message with ✅ when the issue is resolved ?

we are using the jira service management slack chat integration.

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

To achieve this, you can set up a Slack workflow using the steps provided in the following Slack documentation: https://slack.com/help/articles/360053571454-Set-up-a-workflow-in-Slack.

Here are the basic steps you can follow to set up a workflow:

1. Go to your Slack workspace and select "Workflow Builder" from the "Apps" menu.

2. Click "Create Workflow". 3. Choose the trigger event "Message Sent".

4. Customize the trigger settings as needed. For example, you can specify a particular channel or message pattern to match.

5. Add an "If" condition to check if the message contains a link to a resolved issue in Jira Service Management.

6. Add an "Action" to react to the message with the ✅ emoji.

7. Save and test your workflow. Note that you may need to configure the Jira Service Management and Slack integration to allow the workflow to access the necessary information from both systems.

roy haouzi April 5, 2023

Hello @Riley Venable thank you for your help, but when i'm creating a workflow i don't have the trigger event "Message Sent"

i have : shortcut / new channel member / react emoji / scheduled date and hour / webhook

roy haouzi April 5, 2023

same as in the doc you sent : Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 13.49.27.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events