Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to assign a task to a JSM user with a license but they should be only allowed to see

Patricia Limbu April 27, 2023

Is it possible to create a e.g. collaborator group and the users in the group can be assigned a task ticket but they are not able to see all the tickets in the project? Only able to see the tickets they are assigned to?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

You could achieve this with issue security schemes I believe. 

Have a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-issue-level-security-1097176572.html

Patricia Limbu May 1, 2023

With this solution i think i will have to create 5-6 groups because the tickets are going to be assigned to 5-6 different collaborators from different departments and i don't want one department to see another's as well.  

0 votes

Sadly I was hoping for an easier approach where we can configure a project to allow just the assigned users to see their own assigned tickets. I am guessing this is not doable.

With this solution i think i will have to create 5-6 groups because the tickets are going to be assigned to 5-6 different collaborators from different departments and i don't want one department to see another's as well.  

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

@Patricia Limbu 

@Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions is correct you can use issue security to do this.  If your project already has issues then you will need to apply the security to those issues as well and not just the newly created issues or the old issues will be visible.  

If the group of users who needs to see the issues will not be working as agents you could always just add them as request participants through an automation or workflow step.  Then they would see the issues in the portal.  This is a better way to go to prevent accidental access to issues that they should not be allowed to see.

Hi Brant - its not just about seeing but also able to "assign" the tickets/tasks but not able to see other tickets that are in the same project that are "not assigned" to them. So looking for a solution where tickets visibility is controlled by assignment. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

@Patricia Limbu Thanks for the additional information.  I understand the initial request.  You will just need to ensure that the issue security is applied to all the issues that already exist in the project and wanted you to be aware of this.  I mentioned the portal just in case the process could be changed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events