Is it possible to add a editable column for ''Teams' in my queues?

Jeremy May 3, 2023

I want a editable 'Team' column so I can assign a team to a issue in this view without opening the issue.

In the column 'Assignee' it is possible to click on it and choose so maybe in Team as well...?

Schermafbeelding 2023-05-03 151146.png

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Jeremy,

as others have pointed out, teams can't be modified in JSM's standard queue view. However, if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you should be able to find options there.

E.g., my team and I are working on an app in which this should be easy to do, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. This includes all JSM fields, as well as the team field.

This is how it looks in action:

jsm-with-teams-v2.gif

Every JXL sheet is powered by a JQL statement, so you can easily "model" queues through JXL sheets - many of our customers already do so. Another advantage is that JXL would allow "cross-project queues", if that's something that might be relevant to you.

It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than what's shown above: From support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Douglas May 3, 2023

Hey @Jeremy , queues are read only

Jeremy May 3, 2023

Yes but the assignee and status is editable in the queue view..?

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hello @Jeremy 

Those are default values and are editable because Atlassian created those to be editable from the queue. Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit other fields directly from the queue.

What is your use case? Perhaps there is another way to achieve what you want.

Jeremy May 4, 2023

I just want to add a team to a ticket, so they will be transferred to another queue which I set up. But now I have to click on the ticket and in the ticket view add a team to it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events