cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite customer without "Inviting manually"

adithya March 10, 2022

Hi,

this might be a common question.

can we allow current user with corp mail raise a ticket through portal ? 

so, i don't need to invite users (1000k users maybe).

i can't find it on  "Portal-only customer access" settings.

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Hey @adithya

how have you set up the site access settings for your cloud site? Can users join your site without invitation (through approved domains)? Maybe it's easier to point them to your site and let them access the product when they need to. And then simply configure Jira Service Management and the service project accordingly that anyone can join the project (and open requests) without an invitation. You can achieve that in the project configuration: Customer permissions -> "Service project access" to "anyone on the web".

Best, Max

adithya March 13, 2022

hey @Max Foerster - K15t 

do you mean customer manually sign-up ? 

how to restrict customer/user without corp mail sign-up ?

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

@adithya ,

yes, exactly. Either they will try to access the product and be able to join the site because their Atlassian account is using the approved domain or they will have to create an Atlassian account (if they have none yet) and then join the site. Simplified and briefly explained.

And for more details on how to set up the site access settings, please have a readthrough of the documentation ("Approved domains"):

Best, Max

adithya March 14, 2022

hi @Max Foerster - K15t 

how about, integration between JSM and Azure Active Directory ? 

Best,

Adithya Varian

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

Hey @adithya ,

that requires an Atlassian Access subscription.

Like adithya likes this
adithya March 14, 2022

hey @Max Foerster - K15t 

im sorry if i to much ask.

my client want to use Desktop Central for JSM.

so, they dont need to invite manual or user no need to sign up.

do you have experience for that ? 

they already have user's list as a customer.. my client expectations is when JSM integrate with Desktop Central,  all user's with sync automatically.

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that solution. But keep in mind that every customer or user requires an Atlassian account to be able to access and use the products. I think the rest is left to your own research for your client. Maybe you will find time to keep us updated here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events