cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between two external Jira boards

Mercedes Pardo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 9, 2024

Hi community! 

I hope you can help me with this request, if this is not the correct place. Please guide me,

I am writing to request assistance with implementing an integration between two Jira boards. Specifically, we have a board in my company let's call it Board A and our customer has a separate, external board will call it Board B. We need to set up a system where:

1- When a ticket is created in Board B, it is automatically mirrored and shown in Board A.
2- Any updates, comments, or additional information added to the ticket in Board A are immediately reflected in Board B, and vice versa.

Our objective is to ensure seamless and real-time synchronization between these two boards to enhance our collaborative efforts and maintain consistency in our workflow.

Could you please guide us on the best approach to achieve this? We are open to using any recommended plugins, APIs, or third-party tools that could facilitate this integration. Additionally, detailed instructions or documentation on setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 answers

3 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Mercedes Pardo , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question!

To keep different boards and issues synched between different instances, you would need an app for this. A typical one that people use is called https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-automation-more?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

There also exist other solutions, like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224414/scriptrunner-connect-integration-platform-for-jira-more?hosting=cloud&tab=overview but Exalate is easier to use, if you don't have someone who can help you with scripting.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2024

@Mercedes Pardoif you want to get a more complete list of alternatives, I'd suggest to search for issue sync in the Atlassian Marketplace.

There are different variations of apps out there. If you want to script even less, I'd suggest our app Backbone Issue Sync. You can follow our get started guide to setup a basic synchronization and customize it further according to your wishes.

No matter which tool you choose, I'd recommend to think about what scope of data you want to synchronize and e.g. which custom field should be mapped to which one. Only then, I'd advise you to try to model your requirements in the tool - and possibly make compromises, as needed.
This way, you ensure that you adjust the tool to your needs and not vice versa.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2024

@Mercedes Pardo hi & welcome! Check out the Atlassian marketplace - there are tools that can help you (such as ZigiOps). It's 100% no-code integration platform that connects systems (like your Jira instances, for example) bi-directionally and allows you to transfer/sync various types of data (you can sync boards,too). It's easy to use and can be customized in minutes to fit different use cases. 

Feel free to check out ZigiOps' capabilities and even try it - we have a Free Trial. 

Regards, Diana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events