Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Opsgenie with Jira Service Management

Steve Chau May 21, 2021

Hi,

I followed this documentation guide https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/ and have set up both the Jira webhook and the Opsgenie Alert integration.

When I raise a test ticket in Jira, I do see from Opsgenie logs that it received the integration event but all the incomingData parsed object attribute fields have bank values and the warning I get is "Skipping incomingData, no matching actions found"

{ "_incomingData": { "_parsedData": { "summary": "null", "-components": [], "-labels": [], "reporter_email_address": "null", "project_key": "null", "created": "null", "comment_body": "null", "issue_type": "null", "description": "null", "webhookEvent": "issue_property_set", "statusCategory": "null", "priority": "null", "comment_author": "null", "assignee_email_address": "null", "delayIfDoesNotExists": "true", "alias": "null", "assignee_display_name": "null", "key": "null", "-versions": [], "reporter_display_name": "null", "status": "null" }, "integrationType": "JiraServiceDesk", "integrationName": "Jira Service Management", "incomingDataId": "db939e5e-1aa8-4db8-b570-83bfdc821df0", "key": "null" } }

I'm not sure if the problem is on the Opsgenie side or Jira. Could Jira be posting an empty message payload to Opsgenie and hence Opsgenie ends up not able to parse the inbound message for relevant key fields?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Hi

Based on the document for successful connection, you have to input your email address and API token of your user for your JSM cloud instance. Did you do that? If yes, ensure that the project key you're trying to fetch data from is correct and is in capital letters.

Steve Chau May 28, 2021

I ended up figuring out that was the issue after posting my question on the board.

Thanks Prince for the assistance.

Bouhabra Hosni September 5, 2021

Hello ,

Can you please help on how yu resolved this Issue  ?

Thanks

Steve Chau September 7, 2021

Hi, 

I was using the wrong API key. Updating that key fixed the issue.

Regards,

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events