Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating JSM to our SaaS Application?

Shyam Muthaih November 18, 2021

Hello Friends,

This is my first request in this community, which says that i am new to JSM.

My request is can we integrate JSM Incident Management functions to my SaaS Application? if YES what are the procedures do we need to follow, pls share your insights if you had or being implemented similar architecture.

Thank you!

1 answer

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

Yes, there are lots of ways you can "integrate" two systems together, assuming your application supports some.

The procedure you'll want to follow is broadly:

• Define what you want from the integration
  • Identify which system should trigger each thing on your list of actions
  • Look at the best ways to get the active system to ask/tell the other system what to do

You can see that is quite vague, but there's not much we can tell you without details of what "integration" is supposed to be doing.

Shyam Muthaih November 19, 2021

Thank you Nic, this will be good starting point.

What is our expectation from Jira Incident Mgmt. integration is, the moment our SaaS APP identify any incidents, it should raise automatic IM ticket to respective team for troubleshooting.

Is this doable? pls advise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

The most simple way to do this is to have your App make a REST call into Jira to create the required issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events