Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight object schema transfer

Giorgos A Tsavegias February 2, 2022

Hi Community.

Have 2 environments.

Production & Sandbox.

In the Prod i have created a CMDB for one of the projects.

Can i transfer the above CMDB to the project that exists in the Sandbox env;

If yes, in what way?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Hello @Giorgos A Tsavegias 

In order to move the object schema from one instance to another, you will need to migrate with the following steps:

• Create the schema manually on the new instance
  • Export the objects as CSV from the current instance
  • Import the object to the new instance

I have not found any alternate easier way to move the object schemas from one cloud instance to another.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

Giorgos A Tsavegias February 3, 2022

@Gaurav 

Thank you, it worked for me.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Gia Jgarkava October 26, 2022

Hi @Giorgos A Tsavegias  

We are Twinit, an Atlassian Marketplace partner. We have recently released an app that, among other features, also satisfies your requirements. With Insight Assets Backup you can backup schemas and restore them either in the original Insight/Assets or into another instance. For instructions, please refer to the app documentation.

You can try the app and if you have any questions and/or suggestions, please let us know by opening a ticket on our Service Desk. We are constantly working on improvements, so your wishes and comments have huge value to us.

Best regards,

Twinit team

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hello @Gia Jgarkava 

This sounds like an interesting and easy option, which is available only for the Cloud environment. Are there any plans to release a DC version as well?

--GG

Like # people like this
Gia Jgarkava October 27, 2022

Hello @Gaurav .

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, we have no plans for DC version, as it provides more flexible native options for backup/restore. However, we will be monitoring interest in the community.

Best regards,

Gia

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events