Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight custom field picker only retrieves first 50 results

t_s_llc April 20, 2021

I am testing out Insight as a CMDB for our tickets' linked assets. I set up a custom field on our tickets for my Insight schema that includes all of our assets, but when I click the dropdown it only returns the first 50 objects I've created. If I search, it only searches based on those 50 results, too. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation?

2 answers

0 votes
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hello,

A quick question, are you using the Insight Marketplace Application or the new Insight feature which comes with JSM Premium?

Thanks.

Hakan Bahadir

Solution Architect 

Eric Littler April 21, 2021

I'm using the new Insight feature with JSM Premium. I'm on a trial right now, if that matters.

Rafael Tejero Palma June 2, 2021

Hi Eric, 

Have you found a solution to this behavior? 

One of my customers has the same problem, but I can't find a way to solve it.

Many thanks.

Eric Littler June 2, 2021

Hello, Rafael.

Not exactly. To recap, I only got the first 50 results and when I searched it was only from those 50 results.

What I noticed is it was happening in a pop up screen (like when I transitioned a workflow), but not on the regular issue page. So I took the asset field out of the Resolve Issue screen and only add them from the main ticket now. I haven't tested in a while if the issue has gone away on its own.

Rafael Tejero Palma June 2, 2021

Thanks Eric,

I believe the cause may be complex. In my case it appears in the "Create" window of a new ticket. But only in the agent view. In the user portal it works correctly.
Thanks again for your answer.

Joseph Dejuliis August 3, 2021

Any update on this issue? We are experiencing the same issue

Rafael Tejero Palma August 6, 2021

It appears it have been resolved according to the documentation included in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9917.

Its working for me.

Regards

Rafa

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi! 

Please, visit  to configuration in admin, then you can find 50  results in dropdown, 

you can adjust. 

But what is the purpose of that? I am asking it will reflect to performance and UX. 

i.e. io Google search suggested 10 hot results

Eric Littler April 21, 2021

I actually don't mind that it limits the drop down to 50 results.

But the real problem for me is, when I start searching, it only returns results from within those 50 results. So if I'm searching an asset starting with a Z, it returns nothing. Seems like a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events