Insight custom field in Jira service management

Pradeep Lokhande January 4, 2022

Hi Team,

We have customized fields (Services and Service Category) added to our incident/Service request form. Also under Insight, we have created Object Schema for our project under which we have defined various object types and under each Object type, we have a few objects defined.

Now what we need is, on our Incident/Request form, if we select Field “Services” all Object Types will list and we select on the Object type. After selecting Objectype we need all Object Associate with this ObjectType should get listed under the second field “Service Category”.Could you please help us for resolving this?

i.e. -

1) service -

- IAM

- Collaboration

2) Subserves -

- AD

- AWS

- Google

- Email

- Chat

- SMS

Looking output - 

If select "Service" filed with "Collaboration" 

then, "Subservices" must show "Email, Chat, and SMS"

Service 

Collaboration

Subservics 

- Email

- Chat

- SMS

Thanks,

Pradeep Lokhande

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the reply Joseph!

However, I don't see those options on custom field. Please see screenshot. Let me know if I'm doing wrong. 

custom field.JPG

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

@Pradeep Lokhande -

Welcome to the community.  Did you tried to use "Additional Filter Scope (IQL)" when you created JSM custom field sourcing from Insight?  (image below is just an example)

2022-01-04_9-38-42.png

If not, you should give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks for the reply, Joseph!

However, I don't see those options on custom field. Please see screenshot. Let me know if I'm doing wrong. 

Insight custom field Screenshot -

custom field.JPG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

@Pradeep Lokhande -

Can you tell me what is your Field Data Type for Services?  I am pretty sure it is a type of "Insight Object/s".  For custom field types associated with Insight, there are two other type too - "Insight Referenced Object (single)" and "Insight Referenced Object (Multiple)".  

The image I included was a type of "Insight Referenced Object (Multiple)", where it is based on another custom field (Inisght Object/s data type) to pull Site Positions objects from Insight based on relationship of our Sites objects in Insight.

Custom field - Location(s)

2022-01-04_10-48-11.png

Custom field - JI Site Position(s) (Insight Referenced Object (Multiple) field data type) based on the above field.

2022-01-04_9-38-42.png

NOTE - In our Insight schema - relationship is established between Site Positions with Sites.  So in our custom fields usage of those two objects, the value selected in the Location(s) field drives the JI Site Position(s) dropdown listing.

Best, Joseph

I don't see that "Insight Referenced Object (Multiple)" option while creating insight custom field. Please see screenshot.

Let me know if any issue with my cloud account or permission issue. 

insight.JPG Thanks | Pradeep 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

@Pradeep Lokhande -

It seems the field type I mentioned is only available for Jira DC (on-prems) Insight.  For Cloud, I would recommend you to take a look at this page for additional reference - https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/integrating-insight-with-jira-1085188382.html

In addition, there should be a way using IQL in Filter Issue Scope (IQL) area to construct the necessary Advanced IQL, so the Sub Services field value can be based on your Service field value.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/advanced-searching-iql-insight-query-language-1044784588.html

Lastly, here is a reference talking about using placeholder in IQL - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-placeholders-to-replace-information-depending-on-context/

Hope this may assists you.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events