Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight External Import: How to set icon for object type in object type definition

Lori Guymon March 12, 2022

Whenever I have to create or update the mapping and schema for an object type, the icons for existing object types get reset back to the out-of-the-box 3D Printer and I have to change them manually. 

How do I prevent this or reference a different out-of-the-box icon for an object type?

The Icons section in the schema and mapping documentation suggests I would just reference the icon key in the object type section but that did not work.  I also tried to list the icon in the icons section first but that did not work either.  

I tried listing the existing icon like so in the schema:

},
    "iconschema": {
      "icons": [
          {
            "key": "3",
            "name": "Active Directory",
          }
      ]
    }
  },
  "mapping": {
    "objectTypeMappings": [
      {

and then setting the key as the iconKey attribute when defining and object Type in the objectTypes array section:

{
          "name""Organization",
          "description""Organizations",
          "iconKey": "3",
          "attributes": [

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Lau
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2022

Hi Hof,

We identified what's happening is a bug with the icons being reset to the default one for your schema when you create/update the mapping.

We have logged it here and will hopefully be addressing it in the near future. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11064

However with custom icons or referencing a different out-of-the-box icon, the "png48" field isn't used correctly currently.

"png48": "48x48 pixels base64 encoded PNG icon"

It's a base64 encoded PNG, there's heaps of third party sites that can change a icon into a string for you if you want to do that.

Feel free to report back with any other errors.

Cheers

Daniel

Lori Guymon March 17, 2022

Thank you - will keep an eye on the issue and will figure out the base64 conversion for when this gets fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events