Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Discovery for Cloud

Hans Erik Lund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if Discovery can be hosted in Cloud, or if it has to run on in our data center. We have Service Management hosted in Cloud. When downloading I get the choice between the two, but choosing Cloud gets me a zip file with the software. 

Regards,

Hans Erik

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Hi @hans erik lund , welcome to the Community.

are you asking if Insight Discovery add-on can be installed in an Atlassian Cloud instance? If so, yes as mentioned in the Marketplace. You would not download for Cloud but rather add the app within your instance. Of course this install will not apply to your data center instance.

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Hi @hans erik lund , 

Discovery is a tool that will scan your network to get information on servers, computers and network assests, so it needs to be installed in your network, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to get this information from outside your network.

The zip file you get contains the binaries that will run Discovery, it needs to be installed on a Windows or Linux server that has access to your network. 

You can find the procedure to install and configure Insight Discovery here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/insight-discovery-1085180639.html

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Hans Erik Lund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2022

Hi @Alexis Robert 

It makes sense, but can I install Insight on my host when we are using Cloud only? The installation instructions states that I need Service management installed on my system. The other answer I got stated that the Discovery app could be added to our Cloud instance, but then I guess we would have the issue with accessing our network for the scanner. 

Regards,

Hans Erik

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2022

Hi @hans erik lund ,

yes you can use and install Discovery even if you're using Jira Cloud. Here's the documentation from Atlassian on how to do this : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/export-data-from-insight-discovery-to-insight-cloud/

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events