cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight - Create a referenced object during the import

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

We are using the integrated JSM Insight on our cloud environment.

Our challenge right now is that we have several object types that are linked together, but when importing object type A then the linked objects does not exist yet.

Right now we need to

1. Import object type A
  2. import object type B
  3. Rerun the imports to link the objects (or create a 3rd import with only the references)

I cant seem to find a way to create the object type B immediately (with some rudimentary information) when running the import of object A.

Anybody got a way to work around this?

1 answer

0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

For point 3, I think you wanted to say "Rerun the imports to link the objects" (not the issues) right? 

If yes normally linking objects works without any problem. Are you using the right "IQL Mapping" between the two objects? A screenshot or the IQL you are using will be helpful. 

Here is a question that might help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-import-Insight-references-in-CSV/qaq-p/1661570

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

Hi @M Amine ,

You are correct, I did mean the objects in 3.

The procedure as I've laid out works fine it's not an issue having the wrong IQL mapping.

The main issue is when the object B doesn't exist yet, it cannot link it (makes sense). However we then need to run the import that creates object B first and then re-run the import for object A to change only the link.

This is a tedious process and not that efficient.

It would be a lot better if we could create the linked object (if it doesn't exist) yet directly from the first import. 

This would then no longer require me to re-run any imports.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events