Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect notifications in JSM

Maciej Wojtasiński May 9, 2023

Hello,

I have a problem with notifications in JSM project. Normally, when users get mail notification from JSM project, the link inside message is correct, "customer portal view" one. But sometimes, when my users are mentioned in comments (@userA) they get two notifications:
1. correct one as described above
2. "User B mentioned you on an issue" notification which has the link to the issue directly (not in customer portal). When user uses "View issue" button inside the message, he gets "You don't have access to this issue" - of course he doesn't, he's not a helpdesk team member.

I did some testing and this happens only when:
1. User A is already a request participant in this issue
2. Commment with mention is made in customer portal view of the issue, not in the helpdesk team's view.

I know that if User A goes into his personal seetings in jira and turns off "Someone mentions me" checkbox in notifications it will stop happening but I cannot make him do it as he is also a Jira Software user in the same instance.

This problem causes a lot of confusion. Is that a problem with my project settings or is it a bug that I should report?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Maciej Wojtasiński I would say a Portal user should ALWAYS get a portal URL.  If you're seeing times when this isn't happeing, I would submit a request to support (support.atlassian.com) to have that issue addressed.  

The only time there may be some confusion is when the Request Participant is a Collaborator or Agent, Then I could see them getting a regular JIRA URL to the project. If you users (UserA) is an Agent or Collaborator, then there could be a reason for them to get an Jira URL.  I would think that would depend on if they were added as an Internal Comment or as a 'Reply to Customer'.

How are UserA and UserB defined?  Are they Customers (Internal or External), Agents, or Collaborators?

Maciej Wojtasiński May 10, 2023

Thank you for your reply,

It doesn't depend on "Internal Comment / Reply to Customer" choice because the problem only happens when the comment with mention is made from customer portal  - there you can only add customer-visible comment

UserA is an internal customer with no other rights to the project than being a customer

UserB that I used for testing is an agent, but I encountered situation, when UserB was also only a customer

But I also think it shouldn't be happening and I'm requesting a support. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events