Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incidents not showing in JSM Cloud.

Jacob Eriksson October 31, 2022

Hi!

Our incidents (31 at the writing moment) are not showing under Incidents in JSM. 

Can you help? Right now, It's the default JQL / Filtering. 

2 answers

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hello @Jacob Eriksson 

Welcome to the community!!

This behaviour seems odd!! Could you please share more details on the issue?

How are you counting the number of issues/ incidents missing?

This will help us guide you better.

--GG

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hey @Jacob Eriksson and welcome to the community!

Could you clarify how exactly these issues are being created? Do they show up once you go in to the Queues section directly?

If you mean the Incidents category under the Queues menu those are pre-filtered based on the "Ticket Category" 

and thus won't be filled in if you enter them manually (they seem to only be set if they are reported thru the portal) or are associated using a Request Type

As you type,

Issues that are assigned issue type incident don't show up under que incidents. And those reported from the customer portal do show. Can you guide me how to make manually changed issue types from service request to system incidents show under the que incidents?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

@Jacob Eriksson ,

You'll have to assign a "Request Type" to the issue, then the ticket category will be filled in and they will show up under the default "Work Categories" queues

Thats what we did, change request type and then it doesnt show under que for incidents

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

Do you maybe have a screenshot of the issue itself so we  can get some details (feel free to hide confidential data).

I just tried it by creating an incident manually without a request type-> doesn't show and then added a request type which made it appear after a few seconds..

As you see below we have 32 total incidents, but only 5 under the que

Skärmbild 2022-10-31 155340.pngSkärmbild 2022-10-31 155302.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

@Jacob Eriksson 

Well it seems your queue (by its name) is only showing the Incidents which are resolved in the last 7 days.

So you'd best open that queue and go to "edit queue" by the "..." menu in the queue.

This way you can verify the filter. if your 32 incidents are all resolved in the last 7 days they should show up but I'm guessing those 7 days might be messing up your filtering

That is true for showing the amount of resolved incident in the last 7 days. But I want to see all open.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

well then you'll have to make a new queue with the correct filter.

(or you can see what the filter is on "Open Incidents" and adjust that.

I'm going to assume you are on the out of the box issue types so that would be something like 

issuetype = "Incident" and Resolution = Unresolved

(your issuetype can be different)

Jacob Eriksson November 3, 2022

Okay

How can I verify my issuetype for JQL filter?

Skärmbild 2022-11-03 135349.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

well if you type

issuetype = " 

it should auto complete/give you some suggestions. i'm going to guess it's probably [System] Incident for you

issuetype = "[System] Incident" and resolution = Unresolved

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events