Incident Management - Post Incident Reviews

Kevin Nguyen July 26, 2022

I'm working on creating an Incident Management process. I noticed that there's a Post Incident Review queue in the IT Service Management project as well as various Incident Review templates in Confluence.

After an Incident Ticket has been created by the end-user and it's been serviced, is it better/best practice to have the Post Incident Review as an Issue/Request Type that is created and lives in the IT Service Management project under Post Incident Reviews Queue, or should this be created as a Confluence page?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Kevin Nguyen ,

PIR's (Post Incident Reviews and not to be confused with Post Implementation Reviews from the Change Management process) are actually a new part of the JSM template.

image.png

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-post-incident-reviews/

Before that I would have thought it best to link a Confluence page but normally this new feature in the JSM project should handle it within the Incident ticket itself as a more integrated solution.

Kevin Nguyen August 1, 2022

Awesome, thanks Dirk! That makes sense to me as well, keeping it all in the Service Management project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events