Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident Creation and Management

Matt Cabral May 17, 2023

Does Jira Cloud offer the functionality of connecting to third-party apps that generate incident notifications?

Example:

I subscribe to a service named "Free Service".  When "Free Service" experiences an issue, it posts a status update to its website status page.  "Free Service" offers an API that allows information retrieval on demand.  

Can Jira Service Management make use of such an API?  I've only been able to find information for internal incidents, not external.  

Possible solution if Jira Service Management cannot:

Is it feasible to create a separate mailbox, such as "incidents@mydomain.com" that can subscribe to these external notifications, and then use automations to perform other actions on these particular issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Matt Cabral

So firstly, Atlassian has the Statuspage product that obviously is worth checking out.

As far as I'm aware, Jira has no way of listening for a particular webhook... inbound calls are made via the REST API only in Jira. It's possible that there's a third-party plugin out there that does it, but I've not come across anything.

You could potentially have a third-party listener service running somewhere that listens for the webhook, then makes a REST API call to Jira maybe.

Having a mailbox subscribed to notifications and then automating off the back of tickets created, would be feasible, although obviously not the cleanest solution.

Hope that provides some insight - Steve.

Matt Cabral May 24, 2023

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events