Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In approval field Shall i allow only 1 name to be inputted on this field?

Balamurugan S November 5, 2023

In Jira Service request project approval field shall i allow only 1 name to be inputted on this field, instead of multiple name select.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hi @Balamurugan S 

That's depending on the need. Any single or multi user picker field is available in a setup with approvals.

But as I mentioned, its the requirements you have, do you want multiple approvers for a request type, but only one or multiple have to approve.

Or does the request has juts a single approver and from a specific person.

Balamurugan S November 6, 2023

Hi @Marc Koppelaar ,

Thank you for the suggestion; however, I'm already utilizing Jira's default field of "Approver." When I create a ticket, I can specify several approvers. However, I dislike selecting numerous entries there.
Screenshot 2023-11-06 165825.jpg

I hope you will have a look. Instead of picking two people, as shown in the linked screenshot, I must only select one. I don't require the second option, which uses Jira's default Approver field.
Please keep in mind that I am not utilizing any custom fields for the user picker.

Thanks,

Bala.S

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hi @Balamurugan S 

This information you need to provide in the approval step in the workflow used regarding the issue type used.

Like Balamurugan S likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Marko Blagus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2023

Hello @Balamurugan S,

Based on your client's needs, you can put User picker field for single user or you can put User picker field for multiple users.

Let me know if that's what you wanted to know.

Best regards,

Marko Blagus

Hi @Marko Blagus ,

Thank you for the suggestion, however I'm already utilizing Jira's default field of "Approver." When I create a ticket, I can specify several approvers. However, I dislike selecting numerous entries there.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 165825.jpg

I hope you can see the screenshot I included; instead of picking two people, I just have to select one. I don't require the second option, which uses Jira's default Approver field.
Please keep in mind that I am not utilizing any custom fields for the user picker.

Thanks,

Marko Blagus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2023

Hey @Balamurugan S,

You can't change it's type.

You can check if it has only one person with Scriptrunner validator on transition for example, but it's not recommended.

Easier way, if you want to have only one approver, is to use custom field User picker single user.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Blagus

Ok thank you @Marko Blagus , I will check. If there is no way, i will use to Custom filed.

Thanks,

Bala.S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events