Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import multiple select values custom field

Asher Francis February 7, 2023

Hi

Is there an option to import multiple values for a custom field? Currently need to add a list of countries

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

Hi @Asher Francis 

You can create a CSV file to do this and use the external import to import the field values.

If you create your multi-select field for Country and give it its first value and add it to the create screen of a project, you can then create your CSV which will create an issue within that project. You will need to format your CSV like this:

Issue Type Summary Project type  Project key Project Name Reporter  Custom field (Currency) Custom field (Currency)  Custom field (Currency)
 Task Import Issue 1  software ABC Project ABC Callum Carlile  Value 2 Value 3 Value 4

This will create a Task called 'Import Issue 1' and will import all of the values you add columns for in the CSV.

Hope this helps!

Asher Francis February 9, 2023

Hi Callum

Thanks for this, but maybe I wasn't clear in my question.

I want to import a list of options for a single select list when creating the custom field. IE, I have 180 countries that the user can choose from, and I want to be able to import them as options to select within the custom field

Thanks!

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

@Asher Francis Apologies, in my head I thought this was a multi-select custom field!

It is a similar process for importing values for a single-select custom field, with the main difference being how the CSV is formatted.

You will still need to create your custom field with it's first value in, and then your CSV would look like this (importing values 2 and onwards):

Issue Type Summary Project type  Project key Project Name Reporter  Custom field (Country)
Task Import Country Issue 1  software ABC Project ABC Callum Carlile  Value 2
Task Import Country Issue 2  software ABC Project ABC Callum Carlile  Value 3
Task Import Country Issue 3  software ABC Project ABC Callum Carlile  Value 4

Then use the External Import feature within the System admin settings to import this. This will generate one task for each of the custom field values, so give your issues a unique summary such as the one above and then once the import has been completed, you can run a JQL search for "Summary ~ Import Country Issue" and you may want to bulk delete them.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events