Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import issues from Jira ServiceDesk

SMT - Mustafa Demir October 3, 2020

Hi all,

In Word i have a chapter where i want to import issues from the last month from Jira ServicesDesk. So that with one click i can import it directly, and only the fields that i want.

Regards,

Mustafa demir 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2020

You will need to write code in Word that can reach out to Jira's REST API to gather the issues you want to include.

SMT - Mustafa Demir October 4, 2020

Hi,

Could you give me an example?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2020

I don't tend to code in Word much, moved on to using Confluence for all my docs years ago.  A search for "vbscript rest" should find you vb coding help, which you can combine with https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/ to set up a pull from Jira.

SMT - Mustafa Demir October 4, 2020

Hi,

thx for the reply. Isn't there an app that can do this? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2020

There are apps in the Atlassian marketplace that can throw Jira data out in all sorts of formats, many with clever formatting and processing on top.

I tend to work in Jira and hence simply don't use them, so I do not feel qualified to talk about them.

You might also find some stuff on the other end - MS forums looking at Word are not uncommon and the ones I've dipped into have been really useful.  They may have suggestions for Word functional extensions that might make it easier to import from Jira with minimal fuss. 

I am sorry I can't recommend anything specific for you to look at.  I pretty much moved from "monolithic documentation that goes to never be read again in Sharepoint/Documentum" to "readily available wiki" around the time WordPerfect threw in the towel (yes, I am that old).

SMT - Mustafa Demir October 5, 2020

Thx Nic,

I will look at it. Thx for your support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events