Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implentation of Demand Management in Jira (How-To)

Morten Dieckmann-Keden June 27, 2023

How can I implement and introduce Demand Management in Jira?
With which variant of Jira is the implementation of Demand Management possible?
Is programming necessary or is it only necessary to create a new workflow in Jira if I want to implement Demand Management according to ITIL?

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

3 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden 

Are you talking about capacity and performance management (ITIL 4 practice) which is the new name for demand management (ITIL v3 process)?

Or are you referring to service request management, previously known as request fulfilment?

Morten Dieckmann-Keden June 28, 2023

Hello @Dave Mathijs

we would like to introduce IT demand management. This is project demand management. A Demand is necessary when major changes or a project is to be implemented.

Thank you very much in advance.

Like # people like this
Christine Zimmerman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2023

I am interested to know how this could work as well.  IT demand management is really evaluating the up front level of effort and value before deciding to move forward with a project.  After approval there is additional breakdown needed to implement the demand initiative and plan for the deployment (like ITIL or Agile practices or processes).

We are struggling how we integrate the two processes so they seem like one full review through deployment in Jira.

Like # people like this
Yurii Zhatkin December 7, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden 
Were you able to find some more materials on this topic? We are interested in demand management as well, and currently thinking if it would be possible to do in Jira and what is the best way?

Like Magic Mike likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events