Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

If parent Change Request is "Cancelled" then all subtasks should be set to "Cancelled"

Hi,

I want to implement :

If parent Change Request is "Cancelled" then all subtasks should be set to "Cancelled"

I have a 1 change request (Parent) then i have created 3 Subtasks which all are in different different statuses like new, ready for approval or Under review what ever it is.

If i Cancel the Change Request(Parent Task) then all the subtasks should automatically set as Cancelled.

Is it possible in Jira Service Management ?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Nov 29, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh , this is possible via Automation, see Close sub-tasks when parent is completed 

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Thanks for your response.

I have created like this because in mu Case i want to

If parent Change Request is "Cancelled" then all subtasks should be set to "Cancelled".

Please find the attached screenshot and let me know if it is correct or not.

Thanks,

1.PNG

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Nov 29, 2022

That automation rule seems correct.

Please note that an incoming transition to status 'Canceled' needs to exist from all statuses. In other words, it should be a global transition on the sub-task workflow.

Always test first.

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Sorry it is not working as expected.

Please find the below screenshots for your reference:

2.PNG3.PNG

The problem is specified in the error message in the audit log.

"Ensure the rule actor has permissions (including issue security levels) to see issue and perform transitions"

Looking at the Rule Details for your rule, what is specified in the Actor field?

Does that user have permission to see the subtasks and execute a transition of the subtask to the Cancelled status? 

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Yes User has the permission to execute the transition.

Thanks

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Nov 30, 2022

@Sreenadh 

Does the workflow include a transition from Ready for Approval to Canceled for subtasks? Can you show us the workflow diagram for subtasks?

I see in the rule that the destination status is specified as "Canceled". I notice that has just one "L" in it. In the Condition prior to that step I see that you are checking to see if the status of the subtask is not "Cancelled". Notice that has two "L"s in it. For the step where you are setting the Status for the subtask are you sure you picked the correct "canceled" status value that is available in the subtask workflow?

Is there an issue security scheme implemented for the project?

What user is the Actor for the rule?

Can that user manually transition the subtask from its current status (Ready for Approval) to the destination status (Cancelled)?

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thanks for the response let me look into all the possible ways.

yes there are 2 statuses which is spelled wrongly which are Cancelled and Canceled

1.PNG2.PNG

Is there an issue security scheme implemented for the project?---Yes whenever change requester approved then only the status will change.

Can that user manually transition the subtask from its current status (Ready for Approval) to the destination status (Cancelled)?---No

I am checking the things which is provided by you and i will let you know once it is done.

Thanks,

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 02, 2022

Hello @Sreenadh 

Is there an issue security scheme implemented for the project?---Yes whenever change requester approved then only the status will change.

That is not an Issue Security Scheme feature. Issue Security is used to hide/make visible issues for users. Refer to 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Can that user manually transition the subtask from its current status (Ready for Approval) to the destination status (Cancelled)?---No

If the Actor for the rule cannot manually make the status change through the UI, then the rule also will not be able to make the status change. The rule has to be run by an Actor that has permissions to execute that status change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events