Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my Portal is Open, how can I lock down so only specific people can submit a certain Request Type?

Gene Sullivant October 5, 2022

Portal is Open, how can I lock down so only specific people can submit a certain Request Type?

This project is open to the entire Division of our company, yet there are certain Request Types that are specific to certain teams to be Submitters. 

How to a restrict access to a Request Type for a specific handful of folks?

Thanks,  

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Hi @Gene Sullivant ,

unfortunately you can setup visibility at Request Type level using builtin features.

You can do that using an external app like https://deviniti.com/support/addon/cloud/extension/latest/about/ 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2022

Hello @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ and @Gene Sullivant 

Thank you for promoting our app!

You're right that the request types visibility is a part of the Extension for JSM app, however, at this moment it is only supported in the Server/DC version.

Unfortunately, due to certain Atlassian limitations and missing API, we were yet unable to implement it for cloud, which is a pity.

I still encourage you to take a look at the features we provide in this extension. It allows you to build dynamic relations between fields that show on the portal, but also display numerous fields in a bundle, or add more information to the request details view.

Hopefully, you and your teams will find it useful!

Cheers,
Aleksandra from Deviniti

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events