ITSM Emailed Request - Adding additional email recipients

ST Support April 12, 2023

When an emailed request comes in, currently only the sender of the email is added as the reporter on the ticket. I want to have all the other recipients added to a custom field so that they are included in the notification chain as updates are made. I have already created a multiple user custom field but where do I tell Jira to map the other recipients to the custom field?

*Edit

I found the setting to allow follow up emails that contain the same key to be added as a comment which resolved part of the issue (Gear icon - Products -Configuration - "Allow all emails that contain a valid issue key to be added as a comment to the issue"). When responses to the ticket are made these additional commenters are not copied on the responses though. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@ST Support How are your customer permissions set up?  If the service management project is open to all customers the customers should be added as request participants.  If this is occurring then you need to check the customer notifications and see if they are going to just the reporter or all customers involved.  You should also make sure that different customer communications are enabled.

Eric April 14, 2023

Thanks Brant. I ended up contacting support and they nudged me toward the customer permissions settings under the project as well. I guess by default the ITSM template has the "Customer sharing" permission set to just allowing customers to search. Changing this to "search or manually allowing them to enter email addresses" changed the behavior so that other people on the original email request were added as participants. 

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events