cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upgrade my license.

Youngmin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2023

hello. I am using service management server Version 4.16.0 starter License.
I want to upgrade my license, is there any way?hello. I am using service management server Version 4.16.0 starter License.
I want to upgrade my license, is there any way?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2023

Hi @Youngmin ,

As Support for Atlassian Server products ends on February 15, 2024 PT,

Starter licenses: Moving from a Starter to a full license is considered a new sale, which means that as of February 2, 2021 PT (the end of new license sales), you won’t be able to upgrade your Server Starter license to a full license. After that point, upgrading will only be available by moving to either Cloud or Data Center.

for more details refer https://www.atlassian.com/migration/assess/journey-to-cloud# 

Youngmin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2023

Thank you for answer.
We are currently using jira 8.16 (datacenter). Can we use jira datacenter + service management cloud version together?

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2023

Data Center licences can be upgraded, but they don't have a "starter licence".  The lowest number of people for a DC licence is 500 people.  "Starter licences" only apply to server, so as @Sreenivasaraju P says, you can't upgrade that.

You can use Jira DC with Jira Service Management together, but you'll find it much easier if you combine them on one platform - install the JSM application on your Jira DC (or Jira Software DC?), or move your Jira to Cloud and add the JSM application there.  You won't have to mess around with application links and automation to get issues replicated or updated from one system to the other, you'll have all your projects in one place, and be able to take advantage of stuff like "create linked issue" or "get a developer involved in this request without having them have to jump to another system"

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2023

@Youngmin -

Welcome to the community.  Again, I agreed with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- suggested of moving your JSM (server) license into your Jira (8.1.6 datacenter) to keep both products into a same platform.

Keep in mind that when products are in the same platform, when you upgrade the application (Jira/JSM), it will upgrade the version at the same time (i.e.  Jira 9.x and JSM 5.x etc).

You can move your JSM to the cloud without moving your Jira to the cloud, but it means that you will need to determine how to manage both envs (Cloud/Datacenter) at the same time + handle the needed integration between the applications if you have any already.  There is no restriction on use one product in the Datacenter and another product in the Cloud.   Lastly, you will find the latest features for the applications are primary focused in the Cloud env first, then implemented in Datacenter env based on Atlassian's priority.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events