Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to take a Back up of my Service Desk Project in JSM is this possible in Jira

Sreenadh November 17, 2022

Hi,

I want to take a Back up of my Service Desk Project in JSM is this possible in Jira.

please help me out on the same.

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

You can't take a single project backup. It's all or nothing.

• Go to cog wheel > system
  • Backup manager Import/Export
  • Create backup for cloud (if you want cloud)
1 vote
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

As @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ points out with the existing Backup Manager it is all or nothing for backup & more importantly for restore.

The reason I call out restore is because of this very common scenario, where you take a backup of your Jira site using the backup manager on Nov 1st and 6 days later on Nov 7th you want to restore it back.

When you restore back your entire site will go back to as it was on Nov 1st, which means you have lost all the new data that was added between Nov 1st and 6th.

To help address the above we at Revyz built an app that helps you:

• Automate your backups (backup runs automatically every 24 hrs)
  • You can run on-demand backups (specially just before you make any large changes)
  • By default the app backs up all projects, but you exclude projects you don't want to backup for any reason
  • Restore back data in granular basis, i.e. you can restore back specific issues from a certain backup snapshot, restore back a specific workflow etc..
  • Restore back epics and all associated stories and sub tasks with a single operation

All the restore actions are done without disrupting your on-going operations.

We currently support Jira Software, but have JSM available in beta. 

You can learn more about our app here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events