Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a bug list

Mary Curtis January 31, 2023

How do I create a bug list for an Epic or Story.  This was easy when we used DevOps, not finding it in Jira so far.  List would have the item ID, description, state, assigned to, created date ideally.  Also, if possible, it's great if they are links in the list so a user can click on the list and be taken right to the given bug.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

@Mary Curtis Welcome to the Atlassian community

In Jira you can create linked issues.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/link-issues-together/ 

On your story or epic you should be able to click link issue at the top and then click create linked issue.  You will then create an issue of the issue type bug and all the information that you need.  This will show up as a link under the story or epic and will also link back to the story or epic from that bug.  

Mary Curtis January 31, 2023

I know I can do that, we link the bugs to the tasks in the epic and I can see this in the sprint.  I was hoping for something where I could define fields; I would like to add the create date and then have the ability to mail the list and the items in the list remain links to the bug.   I can take an image of the list, but on large lists that's not ideal and also doesn't allow the user to click on the link as we are used to being able to do from an Azure DevOps defect report..  Thanks for taking the time to respond.image.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

@Mary Curtis I am not aware of a easy way to automate all the linking of issues across issues.  I think that their are some apps in the marketplace that could help with it but it would be an added cost.  You probably could use automation but I have never done it before.

Mary Curtis February 3, 2023

Thank you everyone - I did figure out a good list view using the filter option for my project and type bugs and statuses I wanted to see.  I am able modify the columns shown in that list to display what I wanted and can export to HTML, csv/Excel file or just copy the list into an email and the links would be available if not a large list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events