Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change project setting, but I can't do with this image.

Sunbin Kim January 24, 2022

Screenshot from 2022-01-25 08-50-47.png

Hi

I want to change the project setting by myself, but I can't modify almost of settings in the project settings page with this image I attached.

I got project lead role from the JIRA manager in our company.

This project type is `Service management` and this project is `Service project`.

What should I request to the JIRA manager for getting permission to change overall project settings?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

This screen appears when you try to access project from top menu bar and you don't have browse permission on the project. You can ask jira admin to grant project admin permission on the required project. 

Please note: You can only edit the configs which are created only for your project. Not a shared scheme.
Example: If your project is using shared workflow, then you cannot edit it. 

If you are Jira admin for your instance, then go to Admin --> project and search for project. You can find it there (if not deleted earlier) and make changes. 
projects.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

This image is completely accurate about the fault.  Either the project has been deleted, or you do not have permission to see it.

Project lead does not necessarily grant you any access automatically.  Naming a project lead just tells people you are the project lead.  Most admins will use project lead in the permission scheme for a project though, mostly to give the lead admin rights, alongside them being a developer or something else in the project.

Assuming it's not a deleted project, then yes, you'll need to get your Jira admins to add you to a role or group, or even the permissions (bad practice to use individuals in schemes though, get them to do it with your roles in the project), that allow you to view and administrate the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events