I want auto capture user information in Jira Service Management based on customer who raised request

I want auto capture user information in Jira Service Management based on customer who raised request.

I tried using Azure AD plugin, after configuring with Azure AD, I am facing the following error ""Insufficient Privileges to complete the operation".

Can anyone please suggest me on this or for any other option to capture customer information who raises tickets from customer portal.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 195616.png

2 comments

Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2023

Hello @Chetan Krishna Sai Naidu/Jira-Admin - nice to meet you 👋🏻

If I may suggest another powerful and cost-effective alternative, I would like to recommend our app Mindpro Sync - User Attributes from OKTA, Azure & OneLogin

Sync - Mapping.png

This app allows you to integrate with identity providers like Okta, Azure AD, and OneLogin to display user attributes inside Jira and JSM issues (and Portal).

Sync - Attributes.png

Additionally you can:

• You can choose to display data for the issue Reporter, Assignee or any other User field
  • Select and map the user attributes to be displayed in Jira issues or JSM requests
  • Show user hierarchy in issue panel and JSM requests to facilitate escalation and approvals
  • Use these attributes data to create JQL queries, filters, dashboards, or show in the list of issues
  • Automatically assign approvers based on user hierarchy or via workflow post function

This app has a 30-day free trial version with full support and onboarding assistance included. If you want, we'd love to offer you a live demo where you can talk about your specific needs.

Hope it helps,
Eduardo, from Mindpro team

Katarzyna Szumilas_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2023

Hi

Great to see that you use Azure AD Attributes for Jira from Deviniti! I'm part of the team responsible for this plugin.

The error message you are getting indicates that appropriate API permissions have not been granted inside Azure portal configuration.

Steps to resolve

1. To configure API permissions for Azure AD Attributes for Jira:
Go to Azure Active Directory > App registrations > Azure AD Attributes for Jira > API Permissions to see available permissions.

2. Click Add a permission.

3. Click Microsoft Graph.

4. Select Application permissions.

5. In the User section, check the box next to User.Read.All permission.

6. Confirm changes by clicking on Add permissions button.

Please make sure to choose the Application type permission.

I hope it helps! In case any further assistance is needed, or if you have any feedback on the app to share, please feel free to contact our support team.

Bets regards,
Kasia

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events