Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to manually run the agent from a laptop

Antonio Tortorella January 17, 2023

Hello community,

Please I need to manually run the agent from a laptop and make sure it updates in insight.
So far I have not been able to do this.

We have many computers that update correctly and others do not, I want to know the problem (troubleshooting)

Please help!

4 answers

1 vote
Gustavo Delazari Borges January 17, 2023

Hi Antonio,

In the Discovery tool there is a button at "Service" tab, where you can trigger the agents to be scanned: "Trigger Agents to scan".

Discovery will send a command to all of your endpoints in your Agent IP Range and they will send their scan files.

Since you want to troubleshoot what's happening with this specific laptop, you might try to change the IP range in order to get this one only.

If this laptop is not scanning anymore, try to check the local Discovery service or if there is something wrong with the agent config file.

I would try it tomorrow, I was unaware of this option. Thanks for your help!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Antonio Tortorella ,

what do you mean by "manually run the agent from a laptop". What agent? JSM has the concept of a user defined as an Agent but I'm guessing that is not what you are referring to. You mention "insight" so I assume you are referring to the now built-in feature of Asset management (PKA - Insight)? manage-your-assets-and-configuration-items-with-insight 

I was referring to this agent on the laptop:

2023-01-17_23h57_16.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

I see. I assume you have seen this article? Unsure if it will help with your specific issue.

I have tried with this article, it is excellent, but it has not solved me. Thanks for understand!

From laptop Attached LOG of:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Discovery Agent\logs\20230117_discovery_agent.log

2023-01-18_00h12_57.png

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

@Antonio Tortorella -

If what @Jack Brickey didn't address your question, your other option is to reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for their development team technical assistance to Assets management product.

Hope this also helps in your research effort.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Antonio Tortorella January 18, 2023

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin 

0 votes

2023-01-17_23h25_38.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN