I need to know if I can ask 2 approvals from groups in order in the same state

Sofia Grunspan August 20, 2022

I need to ask 2 approvals in the same state from different groups, I know I can do that, but what I don't know if there is a way to set the order that those approvals asking will have.

For example I need to ask approval in the state "Waiting for support",  FIRST from group A and AFTER get that approval ask the approval to group B.

If I set the approval from different groups in the same state is asked at the same time in both, and I need to set an order, is that possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2022

Hi @Sofia Grunspan

Ok your scenario you will have to create two statuses for each approval and have separate group custom fields set in your ticket so that you can differentiate the groups.

Good luck.

Regards

Sofia Grunspan August 22, 2022

Thanks I will implement your suggestion!

0 votes
Iga Popławska August 23, 2022

Hi @Sofia Grunspan !

Maybe you will consider using a plug-in? In the Approval Path for Jira app, you can use group steps - the first step with group A, and another step with group B. With the webhook step and Jira automation you can also set statuses to change automatically.

Setting up the approval process in the app is much easier because it doesn't require editing the workflow.

Hope you and your team will find it useful.

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events