Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to import the CIs from my existing ITSM CMDB to Assets. How can I perform this import?

David Adrian January 31, 2023

I am new to Jira Assets so I am doing all this conversion from our existing app to Jira using the documentation. The import process doesn't appear readily available. 

I have ~2500 servers of various types and OS spread across the country and I would like to get past the process of inserting the one by one into Jira so I am looking to import the list in any appropriate manner for example using a CSV, txt file, etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Jeroen Gouma January 31, 2023

What I did is the following

• create a dummy asset inventory with a few servers (and other components if required)
  • if setup is good enough make an export of each object-type, giving you a pretty good template to import

Import according the documentation Joseph pointed.

Regards,

Jeroen

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

@David Adrian -

Welcome to the community.  Please review the data import option as documented in the following Atlassian reference link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/import-a-csv-file-into-insight/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events