Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to be notified by email when a new issue is created

PC September 17, 2021

Hi, when I receive a new issue or service request, I am not receiving a notification about it. So, I have to check my panel constantly, in order to find if there is something new posted. What I need to do to receive this notification by email? 

Regards.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2021

Hello @PC,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order to receive notifications when a new ticket is created, it’s necessary to modify the notification scheme.

If you are using a company-managed project, please go to Project settings > Notifications > Actions > Edit notifications and then click on “Add” for the “Issue created”.

Select “Single user” and search for your name and then, click on Add.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.46.57.pngNote that, notification schemes can be shared between company-managed projects, so if that’s the case, you will receive notifications from different projects.

Now, in case you are using a team-managed project, please go to Project settings > Notifications > Internal notifications and modify the “Request created”.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.53.06.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.54.49.png

In this case, it won’t be possible to select “Single user”, so select the option that best suits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Angélica

PC September 30, 2021

Thank you Angelica. I just applied the configuration suggested. I will be monitoring the results.

Regards. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Scott Teresi May 25, 2023

These mention going to "Project settings", but where can I find that link?

PNG Jira Lead December 12, 2023

hi @Scott Teresi 

I was in this thread to find out something else and noticed that your query wasn't answered.

Project Settings is the 'cog' in the bottom-left corner when you're in a Jira Project.

However, you need to have the Project Role "Administrator" to see it (or at least that's the default configuration:  actually, it's whoever has the "Administer Projects" permission in the Permission Scheme associated to the Jira Project; by default / out of the box it includes "Project Role (Administrators)" but this can be configured away by the Jira Admins, should they so desire)

So yeah, check to see if you see the cog / Project Settings in the bottom-left corner of your screen when looking at a Jira Project, if not, a good next step would be to approach the Project Owner (in Jira-language, this is called the "Project Lead") to request you be added as one of the Administrators of their Jira Project; you can see all Project Leads / owners of the various Jira Projects by going to (top-level menu) Projects > View all projects

Hope this helps :)

Like Scott Teresi likes this
Scott Teresi December 13, 2023

Excellent info, thank you very much!

Like PNG Jira Lead likes this
0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Hi @PC 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

Can you please check once Notification scheme and also check issue created notification and add your self or Project role to that notification.

Then after configuring this you will start to receive notifications when issue created.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks,

Mayur

Christine Nguyen April 26, 2023

Hi,

I have similar issue as well where I set the notification scheme (and associated it to the project), but still no email notification is sent when the issue is created or updated.

image.png

I also checked/confirmed that the user has the "Browse" permission to the project.

Any idea of what else can be done to get this working?

Thanks

Like Kou Ssi likes this
Kou Ssi August 1, 2023

Christine Nguyen how did you deal with that ?

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Hi @PC

Try updating the notification scheme and ensure that your role/group/username is in the "Issue Created" event. 

Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/ 

Regards,

Scott Teresi May 25, 2023

All I see under the Gear at upper right is:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 11.36.45 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events